Friday, July 3, 2009

Late Night Ramblings.

Well, it's 3:20 in the morning and I can't sleep. I haven't posted anything here in a while so I figured I'd let anyone who's still reading know that I'm not dead.

I don't know why I've been having trouble posting here lately, I guess I didn't think I had anything interesting to say. There's not much in the news I can really comment on that hasn't been said far better by others. I've been trying to write some poems and short stories and I have ideas but I haven't been able to motivate myself to write anything down. The same with making music. I have a few song ideas but I just haven't had the motivation to do anything with them.

I've had a lot of trouble just getting up and doing things lately. In fact I've just been feeling really down. Not really depressed, more like ennui.

Maybe it's because I just turned 21 a couple months and I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. I don't think I'm entirely happy with the idea of growing older. It's kind of strange to only be 21 and be depressed about your age. But there's nothing I can do about aging. I really need to think harder about what I'm going to do when I finish college next year.

I think perhaps I should use this blog to announce projects and ideas. There may not be anyone interested but I think if I put it out there it might motivate me to set deadlines and actually get things done.

Well, now that I've bored you with all this I think I'll try to get to sleep.

1 comment:

Cork said...

I'm not much older than you (a year and a few months) and I'm in the exact same boat. I recently decided that I'm going to look for a greater number of hobbies, to keep myself happy and hopefully meet more people.

Because as of now, my life fucking sucks.