Saturday, October 31, 2009

Some Food For Thought This Halloween

I was raised in a very religious household. For me, most of the monsters that haunted my dreams at night were devils that I was taught to believe in. Still I recall having nightmares of being chased by a chainsaw wielding maniac. I would run into a church, a house of God. How could such an evil thing enter a holy place? Still, before I would wake up I would sit in the pew of that church with this overwhelming dread that I was not safe. I would be caught and chopped to pieces soon and no god would save me. Looking back, I have to wonder if I subconsciously knew that there were no supernatural powers that would save me from the monsters that really exist.

This comic comes from a website called "Electric Sheep Comix", a collection of comics by Patrick Farley who is one of the pioneers of webcomics. While the artwork is somewhat crude, especially compared to the latter works, it's still excellent and worth a read.

TERRORS OF THE NIGHT

1 comment:

Mike Gogulski said...

Funny, I know Patrick from when I was living out in that part of the world. Cool guy.

Far as I know, he either used to be or maybe still is the web admin/designer for the late Robert Anton Wilson.